This type of bezel does not offer a hinge. Therefore, it is not useable for any type of wind-up clock.
Mounting Friction Fit Glass & Bezel
1. We suggest the mounting board is less than ¼” thick to be able to attach the Friction Fit Glass & Bezel properly.
2. Mark off points on the mounting board where the pegs on the glass & bezel will insert (some bezels have three pegs, while others have four pegs).
3. Drill 1/8” diameter holes all the way through the mounting board.
4. Attach the dial to the mounting board:
- If the dial overlaps the holes slightly, the dial can be notched to allow access to the holes.
5. Once the dial is secured, insert the pegs into the holes and push the glass & bezel all the way to the mounting board.
6. On the back of each post, push a plastic friction nut tightly against the mounting board. The friction will hold the glass & bezel tightly to the mounting board.
7. If the mounting board is more than ¼” thick, you will need to counterbore the backside to allow the plastic friction nuts to grip the pegs on the glass & bezel.